Unitralis Inc. (herein after referred to as “we” and “our” and “us”) is committed to respecting the privacy of our customers (herein after referred to as “You” and “you” and “client”) and recognizes the need for the appropriate management and protection of any Personal Information (as defined herein) entrusted with us. We are compliant with all applicable privacy laws including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, S.C. 2000, c. 5 (“PIPEDA”).
In order to comply with PIPEDA and other provincial privacy laws, we must first obtain our clients (the “Clients”) consent prior to collecting, using, storing or disclosing a Client’s personal information.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information about an identifiable individual, and includes business information, such as name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of the organization as required to fulfil event badges and other event related activities.
What Information is Collected?
In order to provide our services to you, we may need to collect the following information:
- Contact Information: includes full names, addresses, postal codes, phone numbers, and email addresses
- Additional Personal Information: this may include, but is not limited to first name, age, occupation, income range, photographs, and health issues.
- Financial Information: means clients’ payment card information and payment card expiry date as required by 3rd party payment processors.
- We only collect the personal information necessary for providing you with our services.
Why Do We Collect Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information to:
- Complete sales transactions
- Assist in marketing and promotional initiatives for events
- Assist in delivery of services to clients for events
What Information is Disclosed?
If a client wishes to submit information for the intended purpose of contacting Unitralis, we may ask for an email address, name, phone number, address, and potentially other personal information in the future.
We will never disclose a client’s Personal Information to third parties (other than as set out above) unless required to do so by law or as authorized by PIPEDA.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We retain paper copies or electronic copies of Clients’ Personal Information during the term of their contract with us and for seven (7) years thereafter at which time all documents which contain Clients’ Personal Information are shredded and destroyed or erased (as applicable).
Information is also available from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.